We’re still making slow progress on the half bathroom but nothing exciting enough to write a whole post on (drywall is in but we’re still in the mudding/taping/sanding phase) so I figured I would make another list post. I’m an obsessive list maker but a good list usually makes me feel slightly less stressed and a million times more organized. Lists soothe me.
Anyway, it looks like we’re going to be hosting at least one Thanksgiving dinner in our work in progress house this year so there are a few things that we would like to get done before then. We don’t want to rush through anything or put too much pressure on ourselves though, so we’re not trying to hold ourselves to getting every single thing done. This is more of a “Things That Would be Nice to Have Done by Thanksgiving Assuming we Have the Time and Energy” list.
These aren’t organized by priority but here they are:
1) Completely finish half bath
2) Mini upstairs bathroom makeover
3) Fix dining room table top (more on this later)
4) Refinish dining room chairs
5) Weed yard
6) Spread new grass seed
7) Re-mulch beds in front of the house
8) Remove ivy between us and our neighbor
9) Remove azaleas in back yard (front yard, too?)
10) Paint downstairs
11) Fix dining room light (more on this later)
12) Redo existing walk in pantry to add more storage
13) Get rid of cabinet in dining rom
14) Yard Sale?
15) Hang stairwell light
16) Finish first unit in master closet (more on this later)
I actually think we should be able to get all of this done but we also love to lounge around on the weekends so we’ll see which one wins out.