Since Thanksgiving is just a week away (what the heck?!), I thought I would just share a quick update on the to-do list I mentioned a while back.
1) Completely finish half bath – DONE!
2) Mini upstairs bathroom makeover – In Progress. Hope to share details soon but it won’t be done before Thanksgiving.
3) Fix dining room table top (more on this later) – On hold until after the holidays
4) Refinish dining room chairs – On hold until after the holidays
5) Weed yard – On hold until Spring.
6) Spread new grass seed – DONE!
7) Re-mulch beds in front of the house – On hold until Spring.
8) Remove ivy between us and our neighbor – In Progress but probably won’t finish until Spring.
9) Remove azaleas in back yard (front yard, too?) – Done in the back yard. Front yard will wait until Spring.
10) Paint downstairs – On hold. Decided to wait until we can also install new baseboards and crown.
11) Fix dining room light (more on this later) – Not done yet but will be done before Thanksgiving…hopefully.
12) Redo existing walk in pantry to add more storage – In Progress. Not sure if we’ll finish this before Thanksgiving or not.
13) Get rid of cabinet in dining room – Not done but will be if we finish pantry.
14) Yard Sale? – On hold until Spring.
15) Hang stairwell light – Not done yet but will be if we can borrow a ladder.
16) Finish first unit in master closet (more on this later) – In Progress, hoping to finish this weekend.
We moved a few of the yard tasks to the Spring because the weather hasn’t been the most cooperative and now it’s getting pretty chilly out. We figure we’ll let the cold weather kill off the weeds and we’ll put down new mulch as soon as the weather starts to turn for Spring.
The table and chairs are functional so we don’t want to touch them right before hosting a holiday meal for fear that we won’t finish.
Honestly, the most important thing was to get the bathroom done and hey what do ya know, we actually did. I’ll take it as a victory.