As you guys know, we’re in the middle of tearing out our master bathroom with no immediate plans to rebuild it. I don’t know if it’s the bathroom or me, but the demo has been super slow. It took me no time at all to tear out the half bathroom downstairs but I have been struggling to rip out the master bathroom.
Demo is usually my favorite part of any project and it’s something I’m pretty good at tackling myself but a couple of weekends ago I had to get Kyle to help me because I was so overwhelmed with it all. We got the toilet out as well as the moldy drywall but the tile floor is a pain and a half.
It’s so difficult to remove with the tools we have that we even got a quote to have the professionals come in and take care of it. We heavily considered just paying to have it done but honestly, we’d rather save that money now and use it down the road when we rebuild so we decided to pass on hiring the job out. So that’s where we are right now, a partially torn up bathroom and 30sqft of floor tile left to remove before we even start tearing out the shower tile.
Once we get the floor out we’ll pull out all of the shower tile and the tub before putting down new subfloor and closing the area off indefinitely.
In better news, we’ve been able to make some progress on the outside of our house! We’ve been pretty limited with our time lately but I do have a little bit of progress to share soon so check back later this week!