- This week has been ROUGH. Kyle got really sick Sunday night and I ended up taking Monday off to take him to the doctor. He stayed home Tuesday to finish recovering and everything seemed back to normal by Wednesday. He thought maybe he had gotten sick from eating some raw brownie batter on Sunday but then I got really sick Wednesday night so we’re pretty sure it was norovirus. I’m actually writing this from my couch on sick day #2 for me but I didn’t get hit nearly as hard as he did and I’m feeling much better than yesterday so I think by tonight/tomorrow I’ll be back at 100%.
- We’re still working on the bedroom but it’s very slow. Our baseboards were delivered yesterday so the plan is to get those installed this weekend and I’m also planning on getting the faux shiplap finished up and painted. We still need to order the crown moulding and I’m undecided on the ceiling beams but we did move our small sectional and standing mirror in and Kyle hung the curtain sheers so we’re definitely getting there! Here is the sneakiest of peeks.
- The mirror I want for our foyer is on sale right now with free shipping but I still don’t think I can pull the trigger. Never in my life have I ever even thought about spending $300+ on a mirror but this one is so perfect. If West Elm allowed stacked promo codes I could get another 15% off which would drop it well under $300 and I would probably go for it and just take it out of our small tax return.
- Of course it would probably be easier to splurge on a mirror if we hadn’t just bought tickets to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill!! I’m so freaking excited! After missing out on seeing Garth Brooks a few months ago, I couldn’t pass this one up. The concert isn’t until September but it’ll be worth the wait.
- I still haven’t gotten back into a good running routine but I just signed up for 2 races so I’m hoping that motivates me! My first race is a 10k on April 1st and I’m nervous about it because I haven’t run 6 miles since mid-September. The second race is a 5k in May and I’m not as worried about that one since my 10k training should get me ready for it.
Well I’m off to rest and watch the very limited channels we get with our digital antenna since Netflix won’t work for me. It’s days like today that I miss having cable.