Holy crap I can’t believe June is almost over. I swear this year is going way too fast! I know I haven’t posted in a while but we honestly still haven’t done much of anything around the house. To be 100% honest the only reason I’m even posting is because I’ve never missed a month and today was kind of my last chance 🙂 I really have been wanting to get back into blogging so maybe July will be my month.
I figured since we’re halfway through the year I should check in on our goals. Spoiler alert: it’s not going well. We’re actually going to be changing our plans around a bit but I’ll get into all of that more next week.
- Make over the study. We haven’t actually started this but some things have changed anyway. We finally decided to make this room the tv room but other than moving the tv in here, it probably won’t see many other changes this year. We decided that replacing the trim, adding built ins, and repairing the door frame will make more sense to do when we do the kitchen. We’re going to have to re-lay the flooring in here when we do the kitchen and it will be easier to do the other stuff after that happens, otherwise it will create a whole bucket of other issues. We’re thinking this will be on the 2018 list.
- Redo the master bedroom. Still in progress! Kyle asked me what I wanted for my birthday this year (Hellooooooo, 29) and I couldn’t think of anything I actually wanted or needed so instead I asked him to finish the room because honestly I’m just kind of over it at this point and ready to move on. We’ve done a lot in the room already but still have a good bit to go. We’ll probably hold off on adding crown molding for a while but Kyle is planning on finishing up the rest of the projects (other than the dog crate) next month.
- Finish demo in the master bathroom. Not done but we decided once we’re done with the bedroom we’re going to spend the $80 on a tool rental at Home Depot to finish off the floor removal and after that we can tear out the tub and fix the subfloor.
- Tweak the linen closet. I still want to do this but decided to wait until we do the flooring in the hallway (so maybe later this year?). It’s not a big deal though so if it needs to be moved to 2018, that’s fine. It’s mostly functional right now other than one of the doors not being attached.
- Finish the deck and fence. This was listed as a “maybe” item but I think we can do one of these this year and it will probably be the deck and it will happen mid-late Fall!
And because I hate posts with no pictures, enjoy this picture of Gatsby who just turned 7 yesterday: